Logistics is more than a supply branch in an organization; it would not be exceeding to term it as a contact medium between the two ends of a business system, the internal structure and the external associate such as companies, vendors, customers, carriers etc. Logistic is basically interaction of the company and the consumer. Movement of the product from the vendor to the end user is managed under this. Shipping, receiving, traffic or warehousing, Logistic is a lot more.
An effective logistics include certain specific factors. Paying little attention over these brings a great shift into the business system. The key elements that have a great impact on logistics management are-
- Movement of Product- Logistic is usually taken the same way by most of the companies. Shipping an order is the only priority but there is enough space to add a bit more to it when movement of product is considered. The foremost being delivery of the product with a consistent emphasis. The basic idea here is that A product must flow instead of merely moving from one end to the other.
- Movement of Information- movement of product and material is not just enough when an effective logistics is in target. One has to keep the complete account of information related to the service. What deliverables are where and by what time must be delivered … the accuracy of service and time builds a positive frame for logistics. The flow of information related to the inventories between the company and suppliers, carriers and customers is mandatory for effective logistic management.
- Be on time- delay in service may spoil the purpose or value of it. This will have a negative impact on the image of business. To avoid this unwanted situation all the branches need to work in a synch and logistics will automatically emerge successful.
- What’s the cost– cost is indeed one very important aspect of logistic management. Lowering the cost of logistic elements can increase its effectiveness.
- Integration– Logistics is a process which acts as a bridge between a company and its consumers. The link is established with the help of a number of channels hence, it goes essentially to develop co-operation and faith among all. The integration of all these channels can bring satisfaction to the users and growth to the business.
Logistics is a Door to Door process, from the door of the manufacturer to the customer. Logistics and Supply chain management course with iACT Global teaches you tactics to conquer the sector and become successful in your business.